Friday, April 22, 2005

Leaving Meulaboh Heading To Simeulue On A Big Russian Helicopter!

April 22, 2005 (9:40am)Meulaboh, Sumatra, Indonesia - Report submitted by Joe Hurston

A great night's sleep goes a long way. I had two fans blowing on me! That takes a little of the sting out of missing Cindy and my kids! This morning I was able to demo the Vortex Voyager TM to Gregory, the Director of the UN World Food Program (WFP)here in Meulaboh. The well here at WFP HQ was very bad. We set up the Vortex Voyager TM in less than 5 minutes and pumped very clean water. All were impressed!

Samaritan's Purse (SP) has offered to loan me an extra Vortex Voyager TM to bring to Simeulue. This will double my capacity as well as give redundancy in the operation. Last night I went to the SP office and cleaned and upgraded the unit that I had left with them just after the tsunami. The Vortex Voyager TM is now functioning perfectly. I was also able to train several key staff members including a young man named Adrian. His father, Ed, is the flight director for Missionary Aviation Fellowship (MAF). MAF and I go way back. We've worked around the world on many projects. Again, I never cease to marvel at the fact that "The Lord knows how to deploy His troops". It's so wonderful to be at the right place at the right time.

Just checking quakes, by the way, you may go to: www.usgs.gov and go to Recent quakes - then quakes worldwide for the latest quake activity. There was a 5.9 on Guam. None in our neck of the woods during the last 24 hours.

As I mentioned earlier, this may be the last communication until I return from Simeulue, but...you never know. We've gotten Internet connections in places that you would never dream would be connected. So be sure to check the website blog regularly. Now you know what I am going to ask for....PRAYER! Your prayer is so precious and it really works. Please keep it up. God Bless You all and THANK YOU for standing with us. Got to load up my gear and go catch a chopper for Simeulue. Love you!!

Joe

No comments: